10/28/2017

Wittgenstein on 'How to date a hot girl'

See, I knew I would have your attention with this headline. Slightly fooled you. Wittgenstein wrote  the following in a state of great dispair. He had finished his 'Tractatus' and was eagerly looking for a publisher which proved to be extremely difficult.

You see, W. did not exactly display smooth salestalk when he cautioned a prospective publisher by hinting ‘For you won’t – I really believe – get too much out of reading it. Because you won’t understand it; the content will be strange to you’.

So with that in mind, here is the Wittgenstein way of dating in the final phase:
"And now, only one more request: Make it short and sweet with me. Tell me ‘no’ quickly, rather then too slowly; that is Austrian delicacy which my nerves are not strong enough to withstand, at the moment."
As they say demurely in India: "Don't mention."


Monk - Ludwig Wittgenstein: The Duty of Genius

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.