6/04/2016

He now floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee up there.

Muhammad Ali
I remember those times very well. Back then, the streets were swept clean of people. Everybody was glued to the TV when he fought. Men and women.


"I would like to be remembered as a man who won the heavyweight title three times, who was humorous and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him ... who stood up for his beliefs ... who tried to unite all humankind through faith and love."

"And if all that's too much, then I guess I'd settle for being remembered only as a great boxer who became a leader and a champion of his people. And I wouldn't even mind if folks forgot how pretty I was."

Muhammad Ali on Vietnam War-Draft


“I Ain't Got No Quarrel With The VietCong...No VietCong Ever Called Me Nigger.”

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.