7/30/2018

"There was a word for it back in the old days. A "joke," we called it."

Ann Althouse remembers those halcyon days in

It's the Era of That's Not Funny.

Some people are hot to destroy all the comedians who made us laugh by shocking us with their transgressions. I see Sarah Silverman is on the chopping block for tweeting, "Hey, is it considered molestation if the child makes the first move? I'm gonna need a quick answer on this." That was back in '09, when Obama was President, and people got the idea of a comedian posing as evil and not actually being evil. There was a word for it back in the old days. A "joke,"* we called it.

I was just by chance paging through a book written by one of our all-time greatest comedians, George Carlin, and I ran across this:


Click to enlarge and clarify and blow your mind.

More here

. . . . . . . . . . .

May I add in my exalted position as the guardian of bland, boring, is-that-allowed German taste that I strongly advise those heirs against clicking on the image. Dankerschön.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.