5/13/2017

They will have a great time in Berlin with Macron

"Young people who have never
been to the opera may,
through advocacy and accompaniment,
soak more classical music and,
 for some, develop a passion."
This makes for a perfect weekend read.

CULTURE according to Emmanuel Macron.

Great interview for classiquenews (Google translate)

Excerpts:

What values ​​do you think culture should preserve and transmit? 
Your question is fundamental. Culture constitutes the formation of an individual and of every society. Culture is inseparable from the values ​​of freedom, emancipation and openness to the world. When one encourages creation, one encourages that part of dreams that is in each of us, but also a way of reinventing everything and thinking of one's relationship to the other. I wish to reconnect with the founding project of Malraux, which was to "make accessible to the greatest possible number the most important works of mankind, and first of all France", so that everyone can share a common culture. Finally, culture is essential to the exercise of democracy: it is the condition for access to free and critical thought, outside of which there is no real citizenship.

Schäuble will love this:
"Finally, I intend to give new meaning to the European ideal by placing culture at the heart of European policies."

More personally, what is your composer and / or favorite opera? Have you a shot of musical lightning?
I have great admiration for Rossini . It occupies to me an essential place in the history of music. His freedom, his own life and his genius have always impressed me. He released the opera its shackles by offering new freedom to voice he totally reinvented the opera. From Barber to travel to Reims.through Cenerentola, he created an irresistible style - but I'm also sensitive to his serious operas, like Moses or Maometto II , which gives so rarely. In a completely different genre, I grant a special price Bach. It meant a lot to me. His work for keyboard (organ, harpsichord) and cello is a precision which does not prevent the spiritual elevation, but as it promotes it. I hear less mathematical coolness a musical discourse carting all possible emotions. Bach is an intermediary between several worlds, indefinable and great.
As you may know, I am particularly sensitive to the piano music - I myself have played a lot and tries to play again as soon as I have time. The work of Schumann occupies a special place: it carries images and feelings that I find nowhere else, with a variety of single tones. I also have a great attachment to Liszt, this European major modern solved rooted in the great tradition: the glow of the Years of Pilgrimage remains intact after so many years.
It goes on in similar vein. The guy is an absolute intellectual nutcase. I wonder how fast he will flame out.

Original article in French

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.