6/25/2014

Bavarians are racists, but are they also stupid?

Or shall I put it like rather f%&cking stupid? Well, let's see.

In May 2014 I posted about the discrimination of students who visit a so-called FOS in that these students do not get free school transportation upfront like attendants of these so-called "Gymnasium" get.

The Munich "Referat für Bildung und Sport" sent me a reply in May. Before I get to their hilarious reply some explanation I believe is needed to correctly understand this ominous and pompous term "Referat für Bildung und Sport".

Sure, you could roughly translate this as 'Department for Education and Sports', nothing wrong with that, but you would not get the gist, the full meaning, this German impetus of a Peoples of Poets and Intellectuals across.

You see, "Bildung" is not mere education. Bildung has as its word root 'das Bild', the image. Yet it is not a static image, oh no, because there is still the ending "-ung" in Bildung and that implies that this is a process, a lifelong process.

Not enough with this, it also means "etwas bilden", to compose s.th., to shape s.th. You get the picture, this is deep.

And it gets deeper as there still is "Sports". This is not what you think, you mere mortal. Like baseball, football, basketball etc. Oh refrain from those mundane thoughts. "Sports" should rather conjure up the image of naked and well oiled Greeks in you. This thing called 'mens sana in whatever' jingle.

Enough said.


So this "Referat für Bildung und Sport" wrote to me in May 2014 that if I chose to file a complaint with the government of Upper Bavaria I should do so latest by, and now fasten your seat belts,

February 27, 2012 (two thousand and twelve)

I rest my case.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.